Book a Property Valuation
Plumstead t: 020 8316 6616
Thamesmead t: 020 8312 4111
Management Office t: 020 8311 9766
e: &



Landlords Information

We offer you a superb level of service and we
believe the key to our success is to offer a personal
and professional service to ensure that the lettings
process is made simple and effective for you.



hi-residential will offer you a superb level of service and we believe the key to our success is to offer a personal and professional service to ensure that the lettings process is made simple and effective for you.

With our extensive knowledge of our local areas and the many years experience we are able to offer a range of comprehensive lettings and management services to meet your individual requirements.

hi-residential would be pleaded to offer you a no obligation valuation to advice of rent achievable and to recommend any works required.

Q. What Happens Next

Consent to landlord

Before you can let your property, you need to obtain written permission to let from your bank, mortgage lender, or Freeholder of the property.

Letting Authority & Terms of Conditions of Business

We will require a signed Terms of Conditions of Business in order to act on your behalf as agent and to commence marketing of your property.

Non Resident Landlord (NRL) Approval

If you live outside the UK or spend more than 6 months a year abroad, you need to complete a Non Resident Landlord (NRL) form in order to apply for approval from the Inland Revenue for us to pay the rent to you without any deductions for tax. Your local hi-residential branch will have the necessary forms for you to apply.

Landlord Insurance

Please ensure that you have the appropriate building and contents insurance in place for your property. Not all insurance products cover let properties so please check your policy. FCC Paragon offers insurance products tailor-made for landlords. Visit your local branch for more details.


We will require a set of keys for access along with instructions on viewing arrangements. Please note that once a tenant has been found additional sets of keys will be required.

Energy Performance Certificate

As of 2008 all properties being marketed as available to let are required to have an Energy Performance Assessment carried out and a certificate produced.

Q. How will you find me a tenant?

Property marketing details

Once you have instructed us to let your property, we will arrange for photographs to be taken and property details to be drawn up for marketing. Our software system, expertagent, will automatically match your property details to all relevant applicants registered with us and send them property details via email or post.

Internet Advertising

Your property will automatically appear on our hi-residential website and within 24 hours on more than 20 internet portal websites, including Rightmove, Propertyfinder, findaproperty, Primelocation ect..

Printed Media & To Let boards

Your property will also appear in our weekly newspaper advertising, on window cards in the branch and on various lettings lists. A "To Let" board will be placed at the property, unless otherwise advised.

Q. What happens once hi-residential has found a tenant for my Property?

Reference Checks

Applicants are thoroughly referenced by an external credit reference company. Copies of proof of ID and residency and proof of employment.

Landlord Property Information Form

A Landlord Property Information form should be completed as soon as possible. This will enable us to manage your property more efficiently and will include details for rent payments ect. The questionnaire will be forwarded to you under separate cover.

Inventory & Check in

An Inventory and check in will be done prior to tenant moving in (for management only). For tenant find Landlords there will be an extra cost if Inventory and Check In required.

Tenancy Agreement

A tenancy agreement will be prepared following satisfactory references. The tenancy agreement will be signed in accordance with our terms and conditions, executed and completed prior to the commencement of the tenancy.


We will endeavour to advise the gas, electricity water and council tax offices, once tenants move in.

Rent Guarantee

The reference company will issue you a chance to take out a rent protection against loss of rent and legal costs, thus giving you peace of mind. (hi-residential will pay for the first 6 months, if we are the Managing Agents).

Q What happens on the day the tenant moves in? (Completion Day)

On Completion Day

Proof of residency and ID received from tenants (if not already). Tenants sign the tenancy agreement; receive copy of Gas Certificate Record (if applicable). If managed the tenants will meet the checkin clerk at property and handed the keys, if Tenant Find the keys will be handed over after tenancy agreements have been signed.

Gas Safety Certificate

Hi-residential operates a zero tolerance policy when it comes to Gas Safety Certificate. All let properties with gas must have a valid Gas Safety Record in place. Hi-residential requires all Gas Safety Certificate prior to check in and keep copies on file for auditing purposes. Your local hi-residential branch will be able to recommend a suitable, reliable registered contract to carry out the Gas Safety Inspection.

Q. What happens to the Tenancy Deposit

Tenancy Deposit

The tenancy deposit will be held as stakeholder for Assured Shorthold Tenancies in accordance with the requirements of TDS. This means that the deposit can be released as soon as both parties agree. (Please refer to tenancy agreement terms and conditions for more details). The deposit will be held by the TDS who are fully bonded

Contact details of the scheme

Q When do I start receiving rent?

First Month's Rent

Your first month's rent will be paid to you via BACS transfer once the tenancy has commenced. The rent you will receive will be less commissions and any other expenses due to hi-residential.

Q What happens during the tenancy?

Tenancy Management Level

The type of management level selected will affect how your tenancy is handled once your tenants move in. You have a choice of Managed or Introduction only. Please refer to your signed Letting Authority and Term and Conditions of Business.

Tenant Renewals

In accordance with the terms and conditions of business for the management level selected, we will write to you and your tenants two months prior to the end of tenancy to enquire if you both would like to renew the tenancy for a further term.

Tenancy Checkout

This will take place on the day the tenancy ends.

Q. What are my legal obligations as a landlord?

Section 11 of the Landlord and Tenant Act 1985

You must keep in repair the structure and exterior of the property including drains, gutters and external pipes. You are obliged to keep in repair and proper working order the installations in the property for the supply of water, gas and electricity and for sanitation. You are required to keep installations in the property for space heating and heating water in repair and proper working order.

Fire & Furnishings (Fire) (Safety) Regulations 1988

You must ensure that all furniture and soft furnishing, including garden and patio furniture, complies with the regulations.

The Gas Safety (Installation & Use) Regulations 1988

As mentioned above, you must ensure that any gas appliances or installation pipe work in the property is maintained in a safe condition so as to prevent risk of injury to any person by ensuring that all such appliances and pipe work is checked annually by an approved Corgi registered engineer and a written record produced.

The Electrical Equipment (Safety) Regulations 1994

You must ensure that electrical equipment safe and will not cause ganger and that it satisfies the safety requirements of the 1994 Regulations by getting it checked by a qualified electrician.

What about data protection

Information supplied will be held on our computer system in accordance with the company's notification under the Data Protection Act 1998.


  • Window advertising in our offices
  • National portal advertising including Rightmove, Primelocation and findaproperty
  • Local press advertising
  • Free no obligation valuation
  • Advice on preparation to let
  • Energy performance certificate provider
  • Viewing Accompanied
  • Distinctive To Let boards
  • Credit Check & referencing for prospective tenants
  • Preparation of tenancy agreements
  • Free inventory and checking/out
  • Free rent guarantees
  • Gas safety certificates arranged and supplied
  • Monthly statements
  • Full property management
  • Dealing with all repairs and maintenance of property
  • Arranging renewal contracts
  • Regular Property inspections
  • Always at the end of the phone to answer any queries or specific needs


Tenant find service

  • Determine the market rental and carry out marketing of the property
  • Select potential tenant and carry out credit checks
  • Provide tenancy agreements and relevant notices to protect legal rights
  • Provide Inventory and check in/out at additional costs
  • Set up standing order mandate for monthly rent payments direct into your account
  • Collect, on your behalf, first months rent in advance together with a security deposit
  • Register deposit if required at a cost of £25

Recently Added Properties

Check mortgage eligibility online